Ayo whattup...you in the midst of the mighty Hands of Zeus aka Thor Molecules aka the illustrious Phantom Raviolis otherwise known as Galaxy Knuckles or the almighty divine heartthrob n sex symbol known as Shampoo Bracelets. Im glad yall could join me once again for this glorious event. Lets us release a thousand white doves wit into the air n bow our heads in thanks....for the gods have at last delivered upon us a new Lupe album to behold n take the breath away from our hearts n imaginations n shit. After the Lasers joint.... we saw that ANYTHING was possible as far as what Wasalu Muhammad Jaco was capable of namsayin. However you wanna take that depends on ya own personal level of tolerance for that bullshit album b. So naw...we aint here to crack jokes bout how we seen him on his hit tv show wit Joy Behar n Barbara Walters...
Lets talk bout the music son. Jus the music....not the wild antics n the stupid shit that that boy be sayin in the media....
|"Lissen...if you stop defendin him for jus one minute...|
Imma splaaaiiin to you WHY Obama a terrorist Bill!"
We aint gon talk bout how Lupe was threatened by a 16 yr old rap flash in the pan on twitter n
was so shook that he verbally sucked the skin off sons dick in response n told him how much he loved him responded by takin the high road......thats that shit I dont like. You shoulda used ya 7th degree black belt in karate n mastery of tai chi to disassemble that boy if you REALLY nice wit ya hands like that forreal Lu. Yeah you mighta got ya ass shot in the process..but you woulda kept ya dignity famz.
But yo...a lot done changed n a lot done stayed the same...You can call son genuine, corny, talented, wack, humble, cocky, intelligent, a moron, a genius, a dickhead, a savior, a victim, a prophet, a prostitute, a problem, a nuisance, a poet, a clown, a warrior, a princess, a visionary, a fool, a role model, a runway model, a boss, a bitch, a nightmare, a dreamer, a king, a pawn, down to earth, high n mighty, a teacher, a fool, a seeker, a sucker, a great thinker, a mental midget, a healer, a germ...the second coming or a false messiah....a young Malcolm Little or....a grown Malcolm in the Middle... Truth is he probably a little of all those things b. The one thing that remains is Lupe gon always be Lupe namsayin. Anyways yo...cue the music..
1. Ayesha Says (Intro) - This spoken word intro kinda dope... I mean...Imma probably be skippin it any other time I listen to this shit from this day forward... but I was definitely feelin it yo.
2. Strange Fruition ft Casey Benjamin (yeah me neither...) - If Nas made a Nastradamus 2...I would expect the beats on that shit to sound sumn like this yo. No disrespect tho...to Nas.
|"Rhoooaaaaaahh oh oh oh oses"|
3. ITAL (Roses) - This shit sounds like somebody took ey single beat off the Kanye Graduation lp n blended em all together to make this one...which sounds like it should be wack as fuck but I aint really mad at the track. I think on the hook son said some shit bout givin out roses to the ladies n havin "a little appreciation for the gentleman" ... Word. Its gon be that type of party I guess huh? But son droppin a lot of b-bombs on this muthafucka too yo. Im sayin...cmon son....bitch bad. Remember? Bitch bad...Shame on you Wasalu. The hook n corny lyrics should make it impossible to listen to this shit but I dont hate it or nothin.
|"Around my weeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeh eh heeeeay"|
4. Around My Way (Freedom Aint Free) - Yeah....aint a lot you can say bout this shit. Pete Rock (aka The Creator n the dude who blessed us wit the original n only necessary flip of this sample on the timeless classic T.R.O.Y.) definitely wasnt feelin it tho....son was like "Who ever re-created that didnt do a good job @ all. #nohate". Plain n simple I guess. Now I aint one to take sides in some shit that dont concern me but 1) I thought shit was a wack move on Lupes part from the jump namsayin but 2) The remade beat really aint as bad as what PR was sayin yo. Think he was jus in a bad mood or whatever nahmean. Thing is...either way..its the principle yo. Wasalu said he was doin the shit as a homage to the original n shit...that he jus wanted to bless that n show love to the og n shit. At the same time tho he understood where Pete was comin from...n that he would let time heal those wounds n whatever whatever. But thats like sayin "Yo...ya wife a goddess b....yall made a very beautiful baby together. I admire ya family... When I put my dick in her n she got pregnant by me that was like my homage to YOU fam...I did that as a tribute to YOU b. I thought you would appreciate that shit but if you dont I understand n shit..." namsayin. So regardless of the fact that the joint actually kinda aight n I dont actually mind it...it was foul. Son was foul for this b.
5. Audubon Ballroom - This one of those song titles that really be enlightenin a muthafucka yo... I aint gon front. I actually googled that shit so I could try n comprehend that shit better namsayin. I had my own guesses n shit...but turns out my hypothesis was incorrect n shit yo. What I had discovered upon sailin into that vast ocean of knowledge on my quest for the true meanin behind the name of the Lupe joint was that Audubon actually was not the name of a small village in Thailand that Lu spends three days travelin by riverboat to once a year to take part in the sacrifice of virgins in exchange for the eight armed elephant gods to bless they crops wit rainfall n fortify they huts from the wraths of volcano demons that ride on the backs of flyin fire breathin tigers n only fear poetical deep minded ass niggas wit round spectacles who rock safari outfits in the city n sleep on clouds formed outta the tear vapors of unborn angels that dwell in the homosphere of the minds of muthafuckas like Lupe....but it was jus the name of some dude. Jean Jacques Audubon...or John J. for short was a french birdwatcher namsayin who lived in the 1800s n use to paint nature pictures. Consider my mind blown yo. Anyways I was kinda waitin on some yodels n for Rihanna to start gettin her Rihanna on durin the hook over this beat while Lu gave us his best Clifford Harris impersonation. But Wasalupe took his own approach namsayin....til he got on some Murder To Excellence shit on the third verse. Anyways...Im sure its a lot of you easily impressed muthafuckas out there thats really fuckin wit this joint...so I dont wanna pop ya little balloons or whatever. Personally I think this shit a little too lasery... Take it for what it is yo.
|"Bitch baaaaaaaaaaaah ah ah aaad"|
6. Bitch Bad - Yeah. Its like...its 2 different ways you can do this shit b. Either you approach a topic like the upliftment of broads how 2Pac did back when he made Keep Ya Head Up n jus get right to the point like...respect yaself ma...if a dude put hands on you he dont love you...set a example for ya seeds...I care if dont nobody else care etcetera so on n so forth...OR you can approach it on some hoe ass shit like "Bitch bad...woman good...lady better..." and be talkin to niggas all slow like you stupid one minute n then sprinklin in unnecessary big words into ya bars like we all gotta PhD n shit... "acquiescing to his whims..."?? Yo shut the fuck up Lupe... Rich ass white folk dont even talk that corny yo...bougie ass muthafucka....
7. Lamborghini Angels - Yeah...I still aint got no idea what the fuck this song bout yo. Did son say "put your penis next to mine" tho? Ionno bruh....shit is kinda whatever to me either way b.
8. Put Em Up - I dont mind this shit. I mean...I dont really kno what the fuck he talmbout on this shit again but the beat kinda aight. Swear if you say you kno what this shit bout you either a muthafuckin liar or you able to decode this stupid shit cuz you fluent in Nerd or some shit yo.
9. Heart Donor ft Poo Bear - Still cant believe theres a grown man out there runnin round callin hisself Poo Bear yo. But that aint even the problem here b... I mean...this some shit I woulda expected from that unitard rockin boy wit the owl n budgie tats n two infant socks for eyebrows or Amber Rose's amphibian extraterrestrial life partner but I aint think Wasalu would go there wit this type a cakeboy shit...as in some I GOT SO MUCH LOVE TO GIVE N YALL CAN HAVE MY HEART N SOUL TO KEEP N SHIT CUZ IM A HEART DONOR type shit. Maaaan... son needs to get on the fuckouttahere express wit that childish shit...Thats like some bullshit little niggas be tellin broads in the 4th grade b.
10. How Dare You ft Bilal - This more like it. I mean if you gon do these happy go lucky joints make them shits some food for the soul that you can feel b....some shit that sticks to ya ribs nahmean. The homie Bilal dont play when it comes to this singin shit neither bruh. This beat might sound like some shit Dre put together n had Scott Storch tickle the ivories for n then threw in the vault wit the the other 7,845,947,652 beats he got locked away that nobody ever gon hear...n Lu might be sayin wack shit like "I hope its all up to ya standards...cuz babies really need to be pampered"...but this joint actually jus some easy breezy shit to get into. Its a two step joint you can play for ya moms or ya kids or whoever...yeah I fucks wittit.
11. Battle Scars feat. Guy Sebastian - Now this is jus some cold McNuggets b. If Skylar Grey was on the hook this would sound like a demo for a track Eminem left off a Relapse or some shit. Apparently this Guy Sebastian nigga is a pretty big deal in Australia n he got crazy plaques n whatever...n this is actually his joint wit Lupe bein the guest or some shit like that. Theres jus no need for this over the top dramatic shit tho bruh. This one goin to the recycle bins for sure yo.
12. Brave Heart feat. Poo Bear - Cmon son.... Lupe repeatin "I feel good about this one" over the intro...well you shouldnt bruh. I thought the Battle Scars joint was some corny over the top dramatic depressin shit...this shit makes it sound like Juicy tho. Shit got soldiers chantin n military drums n marchin sounds n electric guitars screechin n choir voices... Jus stop it Lu...talmbout "May the Lord have mercy on my soul".. Have some mercy on niggas ears b. Poo Bear on this shit too? Damn...
|"I gotta man"|
"Whats ya man gotta do wit me?"
"I gotta man"
"I aint tryna hear that see"
13. Form Follows Function - Dope song title bruh... Nah not really but I do fucks wit this joint. The beat is like some outer space alien blaxploitation type shit. The bars tho? Nah son jus sayin a whooooole lot a nothin on this shit par.
14. Cold War ft Jane $$$ - Durin the intro this shit actually sounds like a Food & Liquor joint forreal...but then it switches up into some cool head nod shit. I dont really dig the hook like that but the bars is kinda aight. He reflectin on the death of a loved one on this shit n he doin it without bein too annoyin or sayin too much stupid shit...so I respect that. That shit he yackin bout for the last 2 minutes of the song shoulda been faded out like a minute n 55 seconds sooner tho....
|"Can I get my conscious rap on ey'body?"|
15. Unforgivable Youth (ft Jason Evigan) - Ok now this really do jus sound like some shit that was leftover from the Lasers sessions b. Im sayin also...when son be breakin out words like "unbeknownst" it jus makes me wanna hit the skip on this shit...but Imma be patient n see what he talmbout on this muthafucka instead nahmean. Cuz thats how you gotta approach a Lupe joint...you need the patience of a hundred Dalai Lamas b. I wont spoil the surprise for anybody who aint listened to this shit yet but he throws a twist in at the end. I aint sayin its a good twist...but he do got one.
|"Naw...its hood now b"|
16. Hood Now (Outro) - So basically this shit is bout how muthafuckas in the hood be takin the scraps n whatever society be allowin folk from urban communities to have n shit n be puttin they own spin on it OR makin the best of that shit to the point where even muthafuckas from privileged n upper class backgrounds be observin it n thinkin yo that shit kinda dope so Imma fuck wit it too. Like some reverse gentrification namsayin. The greatest example of this shit is hip hop itself yo. Niggas jus took what they had b...n they flipped that shit into some cool shit or whatever namsayin. What started out as jus some kids rockin parties wit some homemade speakers n doin backspins on cardboard boxes uptown...writin graffiti on trains n fightin for a chance to get on the mic n shoutout they peoples in the crowd bout 40 years ago done turned into the most dominant cultural phenomenon since rock n roll b. Hip hop n the influence of hip hop is ey'where yo. Taylor Swift listens to rap b... The president of the United States listens to rap... LL Cool J hosted the last Grammy Awards son...a show where they aint even use to televise the rap categories b. Will Smith aka the Fresh Prince is one of the biggest actors on the planet son...the list goes on yo. Muthafuckas is multi millionaires from this hip hop shit yo....niggas be ownin sports franchises n joinin the Illuminati yo. Thats a beautiful thing son. Rap dudes is doin some big things now bruh. Anyways yo...this aint my favorite joint on the album or nothin but the message aint nothin that Imma front on nahmean. Matter fact I salute Lupe for even touchin on this topic namsayin.
Basically Imma put it like this...is this shit my "cup of tea"? Not exactly bruh. For the same reasons that I mentioned at the top of the page yo... Its like theres two parts to Lupe namsayin. Then you multiply that by like a thousand n you got all the different characteristics n shit like that that be makin up sons DNA nahmean. You split all em pieces in half n you basically got the yin n the yan of how this dude is assembled b. You got that annoyin ass muthafucka who be talkin out his ass n actin like he better than ey'body else on one side of the coin n on the other its this humble dude who tries to lead by example n uplift his people namsayin. His stans be some clown muthafuckas too talmbout yo how you gon hate on Lu god? How you hatin on the realest dude in rap? Man I wish I was there to see Lupe part the Red Sea for yall muthafuckas. I aint hatin on Lupe ever yo...I jus be speakin on the shit he be sayin n doin. Unfortunately tho...son be sayin n doin a lot of stupid shit. When it comes to the music...its the same thing yo. I be feelin summa that shit n summa that shit is like man...you need to punch yaself b. Thats art tho. Yall get over it. Dont take it too personal namsayin.
I gives this shit 3.5 Zeus Slaps outta 5
Ayo my dude Skyzoo joint is available in stores n on iTunes today b...yall should peep that....